Monday, June 17, 2013

A Jersey Shore Weekend

Sometimes I just need a vacation from my vacation (aka Charleston). Last weekend I decided to take a trip back home to the Jersey Shore as the weather was starting to clear up since Hurricane Andrea.
Even though my flight was delayed for 4 hours because of thunderstorms, I finally made it home to spend the weekend with my family and friends.

Sea Bright, NJ


Ama Ristorante at The Driftwood on Urbanspoon 
First order of business upon my arrival was food. I had completely written off Italian food since I got back from Italy but I decided I was finally ready to eat it again. I had been hearing a lot of good things about AMA Ristorante in Sea Bright so my mom, my sister, and I decided to try it for dinner. After being in Italy for 4 months you can imagine how critical I am of Italian food, but this place is definitely legit. It might not be the most authentic Italian food on the Shore, but it's high quality and absolutely delicious. We shared the Mussels appetizer, which was incredible, definitely my favorite meal of the night. For my entree I had the Red Snapper with Zucchini Chips; I need to figure out how to make the chips, I'm obsessed. However, I really liked the Bronzino Filet with Fregola Sarda (almost like a hybrid of israeli couscous and lentils) my mom ordered. I'm definitely looking forward to coming back and trying some pasta dishes.

Red Snapper with Zucchini Chips

Copper Canyon on Urbanspoon

I was unable to make my best friend, Margot's, 21st birthday in D.C. a few weeks ago so we had a little post-birthday celebration at her favorite Tex-Mex restaurant, Copper Canyon, in Atlantic Highlands. And the fact that we were all finally 21 called for celebratory margaritas (Copper Canyon is known for their collection of over 150 high grade tequilas). We engorged ourselves on their chips and guacamole and nibbled on quesadillas, tuna salad, and carpaccio. A meal at Copper Canyon is never disappointing.

The Copper Canyon Margarita

An Evening at Rumson Country Club

When my friend Margot suggested going to Brian Kirk and the Jirks at Rumson Country Club, I couldn't have been more excited. I'm such a sucker for a live band, especially because it's hard to find good live music. My friends and I spent the evening sipping on South Sides (rum, mint, soda water, simple syrup) and dancing with our parents (literally). It was a great way to end my last night on the Shore.

Enjoying our Southsides at RCC

Sunday Brunch at David Burke Fromagerie  
Fromagerie on Urbanspoon

Possibly my favorite brunch is David Burke Fromagerie's Sunday Brunch. My family is always looking for a reason to go there, and apparently having me in town for the weekend was a good enough excuse. The brunch food ranges from fried chicken to crepes to raw bar. There's definitely something for everyone, even the pickiest person in the family. My favorite part of the brunch is always the homemade doughnuts, which are cooked in oil and rolled in sugar right in front of you...not the healthiest part of the meal but definitely worth indulging!

Lemon Cheesecake, Bread Pudding, Lemon Meringue and Brown Sugar Scones

I'm so glad I got to spend the weekend with my family and friends. I feel like I'm constantly on the move, and my time at home definitely brought me back down to earth for a little. Sometimes you just have to put the chaos on hold and appreciate the more important things in life. I'm definitely looking forward to spending more time at the Shore in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment